Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:01:05 EST
I know that most of us are full and I also know that the shelters are
busting at the seams with babies that need homes. I just received an
emailabout Doug McKay. He is a breeder in Ohio that has been breeding
since 1960 something. Due to health problems he is going out of
business (he is 72). At the present time he has over 1,000 ferrets.
750 in one barn alone were born this year! He is not looking to
surrender--yet. He wants to sell off his kids. I guess that is better
than just dumping them on the shelters. That's a WHOLE LOT OF
FERRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have his info right here but I
know where to get it from. If you are interested please call him at
419-253-1921.

Please feel free to pass this info on.

Sincerely,
James Barr
Zilla's Fuzzy  Friends Ferret Rescue and Shelter

   ,',',     __
     \    `'`,'   \ ()o=;
      `'`','`/  .. \/ /
             \(_   \(_

[Moderator's note: Preliminary discussions I've read (but not
contributed to myself) do support the above warning, but I don;t think
it's time to panic just yet. Probably soon, but not yet ;-). I would
suggest not calling Doug McKay unless you really have something
important to contribute at this point, such as wanting to purchase 500
ferrets. I think he's probably very busy trying to figure out what to
do right now. I'm sure more information will be forthcoming here when
the situation is more concrete. BIG]