Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 15:49:20 -0500
From:
April Vannatta <[log in to unmask]>
I wish that the ferret community as a whole would do more to help our
shelters.

I wish that everyone who owned a ferret would give $20 a month to a
ferret shelter. Can you imagine what a shelter could do if every
ferret lover in the area gave just a few dollars a month?

I wish that people would think twice before buying a kit from a
petstore, and go adopt a shelter ferret instead. Or even adopt from
humane society, newspaper or craigslist ads...the ones who otherwise
might end up in a shelter anyway.

I wish that those who live near a shelter would volunteer a few hours
of their lives a week to help the shelter clean cages, clip nails,
clean ears, give medicine, conduct playime, and all the other routine
care that takes up most of shelter workers' time.

I wish that people with organizational skills would help with setting
up fundraisers, and that everyone else would take a few hours on the
day of the fundraiser to show up and help.

I wish that EVERY ferret owner would do SOMETHING for a ferret shelter.
It wouldn't have to be any particular shelter. The shelter nearest to
them, the one run by someone they liked, the one they think takes the
best care of its ferrets...the shelter of their choice. ALL shelters
need help...people to adopt, people to donate, people to volunteer...if
you don't have time to volunteer, you could donate. If you don't have
money to donate, you could volunteer. If you have room for another
ferret, you could adopt or even foster....

I wish everyone would do whatever they can to help...every little bit
helps. It kills me to think of shelters closing, or being in trouble,
because they don't have enough help.