Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:29:04 -0700
I have a question that may open up a can of worms on this forum.
Hopefully not! My question is this.....are there rules and regulations
in the US, or other parts of Canada for that matter, that govern the
way in which raffles must be conducted?

I don't ask this to cause trouble for others but because I am actually
jealous! Holding raffles has become quite a big thing on the FML in
the last few years and many shelters seem to be doing fairly well at
raising funds in this way. I am jealous because, as a registered
charitable ferret shelter in Alberta, Canada, we must abide by a very
large list of rules and regulations stipulated by the Alberta Gaming
and Liquor Commission. When it comes to raffles there are several pages
of rules that must be follwed in addition to having to purchase a
raffle license. One rule in particulate stipulates that 'the tickets
can only be purchased within the Province where the raffle is being
conducted' which means that you would have to be in Alberta to purchase
a ticket.

Am I wrong in assuming that in the US you don't have these bothersome
rules??

Barb Hoult
Alberta Ferret Society
http://www.albertaferretsociety.com