Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:55:26 -0800
Kim Fox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write this post. I still
>can't beleive he is outside but want to cover all possibilities. My
>big boy, my un neutered hob Sebastian has not surfaced since saturday.
>We have searched the house, put out food, bedding, his litter box. He
>was out playing when I left saturday morning. It would be very unlike
>him to just not come out. He is sable and 4.5 pounds and I will give
>whatever reward I can scare up for his return, even if it's a rescue
>that finds him. Please all, keep your ears to the ground for anyone
>that might have him. I am absolutely heart sick..Sebastian is Deniro's
>only friend. I'm beating myself up enough right now, so please resist
>the flames. If anyone has any ideas on how I can try to find him.
>I'M doing flyers, calling AC, the animal hospitals, talking to
>neighbors... all the wonderful advice I give those that have lost
>ferrets....seems so useless now. AND we lost Stacie last night. Her
>tribute is coming soon..

Tonight's post is about hope, Christmas miracles, what really
matters.........and Santa Clause. It's about getting as much support
from the people who love you as you do from folks that don't know you
at all. Even if you've never lost a ferret, the thought alone strikes
just as much fear, heartache and guilt into your heart as if it was
happening to you as well.

I never would have guessed that the emotions you go through would
wear you out so much. Maintaining determination while experiencing
SO........MUCH..........DESPAIR. I'm not trying to be dramatic....
y'all know that's not my style,....but I do like to write...Nights of
wandering the street looking and hoping and realizing the odds are
really not in the favor of a ferret that is lost outside. It was super
cold on saturday but fortunately warmed up and has stayed unusally
temperate for this time of year. A couple folks, who really don't
understand would say, "Well damn,..you've got how many?" As if one
could replace another like a pair of mismatched socks. ( I know none
of us have any of those.) "Ok," I rationalize,.." Imagine your toddler
human child wandering lost through Jurassic Park.!!! Getting the
picture rocket scientist?" For several days I've been somewhat of a
zombie, merely functioning through the days, and somehow be functional
in my job.....and Ho Ho Ho....good ol Christmas is right around the
corner.

I was happy to be out of work a little early today after the company
Christmas party and had a little daylight to look for Bastian......in
the second day of fog, which I considered pretty fortunate after some
rather strange neighbors I met the other night. I swear they were
filming Pink Flamingos part II in their basement. Eeeegads.

Our rescue co-ordinator Caroline told me of an image she was receiving
picturing Seabas in a box in a red shed. My communicator abilities had
taken a leave of absence along with my senses. I tried talking to him,
kept telling him to come home. I never felt that he passed and knew
somehow, I would get this ferret back... I walk into the pet store on
the corner with my flyer and ask the guy at the counter if they've had
anyone come in with a ferret they found..Kind of matter of factly he
looks at me and says "Yeah....me." I thought I was going to pass out,
started crying, really losing it right in the middle of this guy's pet
store. He says he lives across the street and will be right back....the
other guy is trying to pull paper towels off a roll and winds up giving
me the whole thing...I watched out the door waiting anxiously when
through the fog and head lights of the TWO LANE ROAD that big stinker
crossed is an image that becomes clearer as it approaches,...the guy
with a great big bundle of fur in his arms. It was Bastian. MY BABY IS
BACK. HE'S OK AND HE'S HOME!!!!! IT'S REALLY HIM AND HE'S REALLY OK AND
HE'S REALLY HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEE.

AND as Caroline pictured, he was in a shed...couldn't see if it was red
tonight, but at 1:00 am sunday morning, he'd been out for 14 hours. The
guy was out in his shed cleaning a deer and he says he see's this
"thing". He thought it was a raccoon..something else I was afraid of
because of his size, ....but having had ferrets before, the guy knew it
was a ferret..... a really big ferret. Seabas followed him right into
the house. He's fine, everything intact ( a little too much as a matter
of fact) with his beautiful musky hobbiness all over everything.

There is a Santa Clause and prayers are answered.....Trash cans will
tip once again and life is good.

Thanks,

Kim

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.