From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:40:41 -0500
Hi Friends- It's ME Blossom!

Well it is amazing here Mom keeps so busy we NEVER know what to expect.
There were some emails & phone calls last week about a poor kiddo that
was 8.5 mos old and kept in a pet shop and he was never out of the
cage... he needed some help to get to a new home.. so the folkses here
made plans to drive an get this kiddo. On Saturday the folks met Maggie
in Meriden CT andn they brought him the rowdy boy and a frail little ol
lady ferret. This old lady, who was thin as a skeleton , will be
nurtured and cared for by shelter Tech Skyla.. and will be a companion
for her old ferret gent Spot ho is 8.5 years. Well there was scurrying
like crazy to get separate cages set up and off the floor when everyone
got home... and then there was soup feedings etc. The little old lady
really needs lots of TLC so the best thing is the person looking for
her was a vet tech - who can feed & care for her correctly. They set
off on Sunday afternoon after a long play time for her forever home.
Nurse Skyla we are sure is keeping busy doing feedings for both her
and Spot.

Soren is the poor cage bound boy who arrived EXTEMELY fearful of hands.
He got to run and play for HOURS before getting into his new cage.
Soren is not sure of Nutrical so it is a tad challenging right now for
Mom. But she got tricky late at night. Mom came into the shelter at
1 AM when we was all sleepy, Soren was awake when Mom opened his cage
door-- but it was dark in the room and he could not see well, so Mom
reached right in and scooped him up out of his hammie before he knew
it. Then she held him really close to her and told him every thing was
going to be all right. Sunday she was holding both him and Albus at
the same time- Albus was closest to her. She did head scritches, tummy
tickles and everything. We has to teach all this to Soren cuz he does
not know what this is. The funniest thing was watching h9im in the dig
bucket. Mom was playing raining paper chips on Soren and he got so
excited he bounced high over the edge of the box. He chatters the kids
say-- but I cannot hear him.. he just looks pretty funny bouncing all
over the place. He has gained lots of weight but Mom is having a tough
time keeping his cage clean as he has no CLUE what a litter box is
for... He is eating an pooping a LOT!! Mom says that is good, but she
hopes he will learn better manners.

Meanwhile The ffolks got a big box today with ferretone, ferret food
from the folks at the Ferret Store, that made Momma smile! And I hears
they are gearing up for the hOliday and we will have a party even if
Dad does not have a job right now. They are really nice folkses!

2006 HOliday Raffle for Ferret Wise

WINNERS:  CONGRATULATIONS- With your help we raised $210.00 for shelter
programs!!!

1. Hand Crocheted afghan donated by shelter friend Sandra Fox
Jeffrey Czich, MI

2. Spa Gift Set donated by shelter friend Patty Kwyros
Robert Rasmussen, NH

3. Ferret Engraved Acrylic Box donated by shelter friend Stephanie Baas
Laurel Dittman

4. Handstrung Genuine Turquoise Necklace
Patty K, NJ

5. Two Ferret in the Pocket Tees
Sherry Garner, TX

6. RARE Wallace Trip "Hang in There Otter" Print donated by shelter
friend Linda Ricard
Jesse Molan PA

AND These special items are on ebay this week! Great for Holiday
gifting! We need to help Dad pay the rent!

Rare Ferret Puppet  New with tags   ENDS: Dec-13-06 08:03:18 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180060584256

RARE NEW FERRET SCCOZIE DEW in BOX   ENDS: Dec-11-06 17:36:06 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180059875024

NEW in BOX SCOOZIE FERRET Brown   ENDS: Dec-11-06 18:01:50 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180059885196

FERRET CLEAR TUBE       ENDS: Dec-16-06 14:50:48 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180062164693

RARE FERRET ART PRINT VERY LAST ONE!   ENDS: Dec-17-06 21:54:44 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180062682905

Thanks for checking in with us- we are all EAGERLY awaiting Santy Paws!!!
Oh boy Oh Boy!

Blossom,
spokesferret
www.ferretwise.org