From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 11:24:01 -0500
Not only does this group go above and beyond for all of us shelters,
they are moral boosters too!!

It has been so secret that things are fairly dim here, donations are
down (been that way ever since the couple said they would help put the
shelter in a building) surrenders are up (we no longer have a dining
room, and lost use of part of the kitchen). Had a beautiful little girl
come in that was thrown into a dumpster, her cage mate suffered a
broken neck, she was emaciated, and two abandons come in last night.

We are down in numbers, had 5 adoptions, so we are at 98 rather then
106. Dancing the happy dance.

Then, I started to lament that there will be no Christmas decorating
this year, no Christmas gathering, non of what I really enjoy. I love
Christmas, I love my son showing up with 8 or 9 of his Marine buddies
that have no where else to go, I love the people who show up on
Christmas day because they have no where else or no family to share it
with. I love the hustle and bustle in the kitchen, the cooking and the
baking. I love Christmas. I love what Christmas means, family and
friends.

Ok, so you get the picture, I was feeling sorry for myself, there is a
knock on the door, and there is a package with goodies in it, a we care
package. That package boosted my morale, and reminded me that even
though my Christmas is put off and my family has been in second place
the past year, that ferrets here and in all shelters need a shelter op
to care and love them until they find their forever homes.

So, thank you to the ladies of SOS, and to the following folks who
contributed to the "We care package". You gave me hope that there still
are folks who care.

Rose German of Little Feet Ferret Retreat Bedding
Alicia Drakiotes of Ferret Wise and X-tasy bedding
Ada Gibbs of Weaselpals bedding
Lixit Animal Care Products
Oasis Pet Products
Tomlyn Ferret

Thank you all so much for giving me that ray of hope on a desperately
dark day.

jean
Jean Caputo-Lee
Director