From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2007 21:48:55 -0400
This is to anyone who has a rocker-recliner. We were proud owners of
four wonderful fuzzies, but last night our little girl Trixie got
caught under our rocker-recliner just as my husband reclined. It pinned
her behind the front legs cutting her air off. She never made a noise
at all. I got up to go to the frig and saw her tail hanging out the
back, but it was too late, we could not revive her. Needless to say,
I have had a very depressing Mother's Day. The recliner is now in our
shop and we are going shopping this week for a chair that is not
dangerous to fuzzies. We thought we had ferret proofed everything and
never once thought about the recliner.

We miss her sooo much and our other three fuzzies have now noticed she
is missing. After speaking to the shelter owner where we adopted our
fuzzies, I have learned that many ferrets have died this same way. If
anyone has a recliner in the room with their ferrets please consider
other seating options. We are posting this warning in hopes to prevent
any other fuzzies from suffering the same fate as our precious Trixie.

We love and Miss you Trixie!!!!!

[LH]