From:
Tootsie Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 12:38:18 -0500
I had the same thing happen to one of my ferrets but in a Martins cage!
His toe was caught inbetween the plastic covering that surrounds the
entrance to the stairs! Very scary situation for both Snookie and us!
Thank God, no damage to him, all was well! I made the mistake of
letting their toenails go a little longer than usual and this is
probably why Snookie's got caught, not sure but I will keep regular
with their toenail trim. I think maybe too, we need to superglue down
the plastic, so it cannot happen again. He was terrorfied and even peed
himself and what is worse, he is a deaf dark eyed white, so it was hard
to let him know all was going to be okay. I held him, kissed him and
reassured him he would be okay. He kicked his leg out a few times but
no limp or broken toes!

Eleanor, Donald and the 9 furkids