Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 01:15:46 -0500
I too have had blender problems over the past two years. Finally I have
found one that is holding up.

The one I liked and worked really well I don't remember what brand it
was. I am guessing an Oster.that one met my sweet Raven who loves to
climb second only to pushing things off the counter to hear them crash
as they break into many pieces. That sounded so good that she returned
to the counter after mom cleaned up the mess and started on the other
dishes on the counter.

I have burned out two or three blenders during my days of volunteering
at 24 carat shelter. I finally bought the did-range blender that Oster
makes, it is twelve speeds and had a glass container not a plastic one.
I have actually managed to keep this one for 15 months an new record.
One of the things I did figure out that was contributing to the demise
of the blenders was when I was making the Duck Soup I was using
ingriedients that were hot right after I had boiled the chicken or
Turkey. The broth was hot as was the meat and I believe that is what
actually burned it out, it overheated very quickly. I also started
using more broth to the meat and smaller portions at a time. I have
to do more blending but I have less probelsm with overheating and as I
said I've had this blender for 15 months a record for me. There is one
blender made by Oster that is the top of their line, it's a bit more
money I can't say it is better I have't used it. I bought mine at
Walmart and it was under $30.00. The one my Raven claimed as a new
game was more expensive around $42.00. I also look for ones that crush
ice and have a puree or liquifier setting. The Oster I have now is all
metal drives 12 speed with two speeds low and high. It also came with
an attachment that looked like a food processor attachment. They have
some really expensive one but I really couldnt afford to spend that
kind of money on a blender.

One other thing that added to the demise of my blenders was I missed
getting a couple tiny bones from a chicken and they jammed and burned
the motor out really quickly, before I knew something was in the soup
the smell of burning motor was upon me once it was a tiny section of
the neck bone. The blender still worked but wouldn't puree the meat,
wouldn't even make a milk shake.

I hope this helps you to find a good sturdy blender. I tried using the
semi puree chicken for soup, my kids are fussy they don't want lumps in
their soup they don't want to have to chew anything. I had to go out to
Walmart that night and get a new blender and re-puree the soup before
they would accept it.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all of the FML members, I love
reading the posting even if I cry every time I read about someone
loosing their baby. I have been touched by so many stories. this is a
great thing you are doing, I miss being able to go to the shelter and
caring for the kids there and nursing the sick ones back to health
or just making them comfortable until their time comes to go to the
Rainbow Bridge. If only they would legalize the kids here so I could
become involved in a shelter again. If there is anyone tht know of
rescue in northern California where I might get involved in you can
contact me @ [log in to unmask]

Joelene