Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:28:53 EST
From:
It seems I just posted this a few weeks ago. Let me try to re-enforce
that post. This is for anyone moving in to CA, and or driving into the
state.

California has 6 Agricultural Stations located on the main arteries
coming into CA. Up until a few years ago they were open 24/7. Because
of cutbacks some have been closed, partially closed or closed one day
and open the next. We never know when they are going to be open or
closed. They never let us know.

For the last couple of years most of the stations have only been open
to commercial vehicles. From time to time they would check private
vehicles, but as I said before we never knew when or where. This year
they have reopened the Needles station to private vehicles. We are
getting LOTS of ferrets being confiscated there. Some of the wardens
will let you turn around and go back out of state. (you would be
surprised at how many people don't). They don't have to do this. You
and your ferret are here in CA, therefore they can seize it should
they choose to do so. I have found most of the wardens to be very nice
men. If you play nice they mostly bend over backwards to help you.

If you are driving into CA. PLEASE go to the Ferrets Anonymous website
and click on avoid the check points. Here you can find ways to drive
safely around the stations.

There are lots and lots of ferret in CA. There is no reason to have
to give your pets up if you are responsible and use common sense.

If you have any questions, please email me.

Robin Jones
CDFA, FURR rescue