From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:15:02 -0500
The slinky six are now down to the fab five. Bandit has left us. I knew
that she was terminal; she had had insulinoma for about nine months.
Last night my daughter took her out of her hammock so I could give her
the second Prednisone dose of the day, and she was limp. I thought that
she was sleeping-not-dead, but she couldn't be roused. We tried sugar
water on her gums, but it soon became obvious that she had gone in her
sleep. I knew that her energy had been lessening over the past week,
but thought that she would be around for at least another few weeks.
She had taken her first dose in the morning, and was eating her mush
when I went to work.

I KNOW that she wasn't in any pain; we were all home and in the living
room when she must have passed. If she had made ANY sound we would have
heard her. Her gums, nose and pads were all totally white. My guess is
that the cancer that had attacked her pancreas had finally compromised
another organ or a blood vessel, and she bled out internally.

Good bye little girl, you will be missed.

Melodyt and the fab five

--
Melody Tomaszewicz
Holdings Record Maintenance Team Leader

             \(_   \(_

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."