Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:00:49 EST
Merry Ghristmas everyone! I had to wish everyone on here a very Merry
Christmas. I usually just lurk but I love to read the posts from all
you guys. Mostly it's a lot of fun, and that which is not fun, you just
read past. I've learned a lot on here through this past year. I've also
laughed a lot and cried a lot. Though I dont know anyone, I just know
you are all good people. I know that here in my heart, I just never get
to say it. besides who else would do all the things you do for these
sweet tiny creatures. But we all know they are well worth it!

I also had to talk to you guys about my latest Shakesperiaence.
Shakespeare is my crazy 3 month old ADD ferret. I tried to get my
vet, Dr. M, to give him some Ritalin but i guess they dont make it for
ferrets. We just have to learn to live with them! I have the 5-story
ferret mansion for my Shakespeare and my 9 month old Gracie Girl. About
3 weeks ago my Shakespeare had starting getting out of his cage in the
morning. Now I have had this happen before with my other ferrets and i
just put an extra clip on the doors so they can't get them open, but
Shakespeare thinks he is the great Houdini. When he gets out I find the
doors all shut and still locked! Nothing is open. We dont even hear him
come out! So I thought maybe he squeezes thru the side of the door, he
stretches the sides open just enough to get out. I went to Home Depot
the other day and bought some tiny heavy clips so he couldnt stretch
them open or bite them open. I was so proud of myself, I had figured
out the problem all by myself and fixed it all by myself. So, for 3
nites i had 3 clips on each of the doors; on the top of the doors and
on the sides. And, the last 3 nites....SUCCESS. Then this morning while
i'm getting ready to vacuum, who comes walking by me like this was how
it was suppose to be? Houdini... no, i mean, Shakespeare! I picked him
up and rreturned him to his cage only to find all the doors in place
and locked!! I checked the whole cage and can't find any way he gets
out. I thought maybe he just squeezed himself thru the bars, but he is
3 months old and already weighs 2 1/2 lbs and has big strong bones. I
dont think he could fit through them. None of my other 6 have ever been
able to and they were all smaller! So now, short of leaving a video
camera on him all nite and morning, I just dont know how to figure it
out! AND, and he gets out in seconds. I will check on him and within
a minute or 2 he's out and walking around like he belongs free and I
should be in the cage. This little Shakespeare will be the death of me
now! Remember, he's the one who got the empty toilet paper roll stuck
on his head and scared me to death. I just dont know what to think of
him, my little Houdini! He is a never-ending Shakesperience!!!

Well, thank-you all for your time and enjoy the holidays. May God
Bless!