Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:20:11 -0500
OMG you will not believe the entry count for this show - WOW! We have
220 title class entries and 210 specialty and premier class entries -
that's 430 ferrets being judged! There are 260 individual ferrets
coming to the show to account for all those entries. If you are not
coming to AFA's Winter Nationals Ferret Competition in York PA on
December 1st & 2nd boy will you be missing out on one huge event. You
can still find information about the two day show at www.ferret.org.

Remember this show is a two day event. On Friday we will open the doors
at 3 pm. and stay open until 8 pm. Vendors will be set up and ready for
you to SHOP! We will not be charging admission on Friday, this is AFA's
early Christmas present to one and all. We hope you take advantage and
participate. We will have a ferret photographer on Friday and Saturday.
We will also have three educational seminars on Friday. At 4 pm. Jeanne
Carley will be presenting her Ferret Photography 101 talk. At 5 pm. Bob
Church will be presenting his Ferret Nutrition and Enrichment talk. Bob
just got back from Europe so you will be the FIRST to hear about some
of the cool stuff he saw and did. And he just told me today he has a
BIG bag of ferret goodies to share with all the attendees. At 6 pm. Dr.
Ruth Heller will be presenting an Advanced Ferret Wellness talk. You
can find out more online at www.ferret.org.

You will NOT believe the haul our raffle devas, Patty and Jessie have
accumulated for our raffle. There are way, way too many donors to list
here but the number of donors I listed in the show catalog was 114! Be
sure to bring lots of money for our raffle. There will be items not
seen at other shows and lots of them!!!! And remember, one of Jeanne
Carley's original prints will be there for you to try and win. Jeanne
will also have a vendor table and will be at the show until about 1:30
on Saturday.

This is the last show for the 2006 show circuit. If you miss it you can
catch our next show, AFA's Spring Nationals Ferret Competition on March
17th at the York Fairgrounds in York, PA. If you feel adventurous you
can hit two different ferret organization shows that weekend - do the
AFA show on Saturday and the LOS show on Sunday! Here's the American
Ferret Association 2007 Sanctioned Events Listing so you can mark your
new Jeanne Carley Ferret Calendar now!

2007 Inland Northwest Championship Ferret Show - February 3, 2007 -
Ferret Rescue of Northern Idaho - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

2007 Spring Nationals Ferret Competition - March 17, 2007 - American
Ferret Association, Inc. - York, PA

Japan Ferret Association Championship Ferret Show - April 1, 2007 -
Japan Ferret Association - Hamamatsu, Japan

Spring Ferret Fandango - April 28, 2007 - Pennsylvania Ferret Club and
Shelter - Gilbertsville, PA

Buckeye Bash 2007 - August 25, 2007 - Heart of Ohio Ferret
Association - Columbus, OH

Fall Ferret Fandango - September, 2007 - Pennsylvania Ferret Club and
Shelter - Gilbertsville, PA

Dooktoberfest 2007 - October 27, 2007 - A CDV Titer Study Fundraiser -
Frederick, MD

2007 Winter Nationals Ferret Competition - December 7 & 8, 2007 -
American Ferret Association - York, PA

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me directly at
afaevents @ earthlink.net.

Take care and I hope to see everyone on December 1st & 2nd in York!
Vickie

Vickie McKimmey

Director of Shows and Special Events
American Ferret Association, Inc.