From:
Pink Ferret Design <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2006 08:47:08 -0800
It was requested of me to elaborate on how the list would be kept
useful and up-to-date.

Every 6 months (bi-annually) we would call the list of shelters and
verify their information, make any necessary changes and update our
online list. We also would be doing physical mailings to the shelter
list once a year (annually) reminding them that we have them on our
list and to please visit our site to make sure their information is
accurate.

There will be a form for shelters to add themselves to our database for
approval to be displayed on our site. We may even add a feedback
section to this list where users can rate/comment on their visit to
that shelter in the future. We will do the same thing with our vet
listing.

I know there are other sites that house this information, but we are
trying to make a one stop type of ferret resource. We feel the site
should be informative, useful and complete at all times. Once the site
is up, we will be making weekly updates to the site's content and
researching new content throughout the week.

As always the site is completely FREE. If someone decides to make a
purchase in our store, purchase advertising on our site, or make a
donation, it doesn't alter the fact that the information on the site is
completely free and public. We want a place where everyone feels good
about the content we provide and confident that the content is kept
up-to-date to ensure you know about the latest diseases and cures.

I have four ferrets myself and they have completely changed my life.
Even if the site doesn't generate a penny towards the shelters or
hosting, I would still keep it going to make sure the information is
available to others.

Currently, my husband and I donate to several charities involving
animals and the earth (ex: Pasado's Safe Haven, African Wildlife
Foundation, The National Arbor Day Foundation) and plan to keep that
going and build on them. But those are just the start. I believe we all
can make a difference. I'm not asking you to donate money, but I am
asking you to donate a little of your time to give us a starting place.

I hope this has helped everyone gain an understanding of our vision. As
others on here have said; it's for the ferrets. That should be
incentive enough.

Thank you and have a great weekend! =)

Brandi L. Havill

Pink Ferret Online Resource