Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:27:09 EST
Some of you might remember a sting of posts several months ago that
began with a story about me singing to my ferrets all day long. For
days, fun stories were shared by others about their singing antics with
their babies. Then some creative writers began sharing some really cool
songs with ferret related words that they wrote, so then those of us
who have no songs ... had them.

The initial post about a really annoying thing that I do to distract
myself from negative thoughts. I sing something really repetitive and
happy without any regard to how it sounds. For example, to cheer myself
up while cleaning the litter pans, I sing the Litter Box Song. I squeak
and squeal while I sing because the ferrets really like it and gather
around me and listen. Through the vents of my house at 5pm, you'll hear
me echoing, "All the pretty ferrets sing ... la la la". I sing this
melody over and over and only sometimes do I vary words or add verses.

Those close to me know that we have a new buddy this year named Sunny.
He is a cockatiel and he is our velcro bird. He is attached to our
shoulder most of the day and even goes out on errands with us. He is
very smart and he talks as well as does tricks. So much so, in fact,
that I started to run out of tricks and things to teach him to say. So
what did I come up with? All the pretty ferrets. He almost has it down.
We are trying to teach him to sing it on site when a ferret enters the
room.

I am dying to record it and put it on the net to show you guys. But he
won't do it around the computer mic. I don't have any other recording
device except perhaps my sons little mp3 player. I haven't figured it
all out yet. I promise though, that when this bird learns to sing the
song nice and clear, I'll share it.

Wolfy
"All the preeeeeeeetty ferrets sing ... la la la. So I don't wanna kill
them ... la la la. All the pretty little ferrets sing ... La la la.
Cause I really love them ... la la la".