From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 12 Oct 2007 01:51:04 -0700556_- Hello FML -- HEre is a note I just sent to Melanee:

- - - - -
Hello Melanee!

Thank you!

I got news yesterday that the tumor is not metastatic and is probably
benign, What a relief! I was hopping around the Records office at the
hospital in jubilation.

And the change in Philippe is for real. The next night he and Lucy were
sleeping together again -- this time with anothlity Assurance Veterinarian
>PetSmart, Inc.

[Posted in FML 5661]35_6Jul200711:38:[log in to unmask] 0707 3352 33 21_Petsmart ferret [log in to unmask], 6 Jul 2007 15:48:13 -0500543_- Hi.

I work at a Petsmart, but not one that sells ferrets.

The cages are designed to have air filtering through, to reduce the
stink and circulate the air. If the system is working correctly, it
does keep air circulated. Fresh air would be better, in my opinion.
When you have rats or ferrets in those cages, as well as guinea pigs,
the cages need to be cleaned every day in order for the odor to be
down. The cages are cleaned once a week but "spot cleaned" when they
need it at busier stores. [...]37_6Jul200715:48:[log in to unmask] 0707 3386 22 20_May turn into rescue7_R [log in to unmask], 7 Jul 2007 01:06:44 -0400161_- This is a sanctuary in CO that appears to be in foreclosure and may
need help with the ferrets.
http://www.summitdaily.com/article/20070706/NEWS/7070601238_7Jul200701:06:[log in to unmask] 0707 3409 34 23_Kat / SOSRaffle Winners7_Kim [log in to unmask], 6 Jul 2007 22:23:30 -0700642_- I apologize for the delay in posting folks...my Vin Diesel who had
adrenal surgery last week is battling Addison's crisis.

And the winners are.................

Prize 1: Number 1142 Winner: Melanie Ellis
Prize 2: Number 1154 Winner: Melanie Ellis
Prize 3: Number 1742 Winner: Douglas Adams
Prize 4: Number 1568 Winner: Dianne Desroches
Prize 5: Number 1217 Winner: Lisette Lumsden
Prize 6: Number 1738 Winner: Kathy Toler
Prize 7: Number 1091 Winner: Lois Caselman
Prize 8: Number 1961 Winner: Katie Carr
Prize 9: Number 1731 Winner: Julie Brown
Prize 10: Number 1297 Winner: Lisette Lumsden [...]55_6Jul200722:23:[log in to unmask] 0707 3444 64 29_FERRET BUCKEYE BASH - AUG. [log in to unmask], 6 Jul 2007 13:09:41 -0400441_- It's Ferret Buckeye Bash time again and the first deadline for entries
is coming up fast -- July 14th!

The FERRET BUCKEYE BASH is a 3-Ring Championship, Companion Ring and
All Specialty Show, presented by HEART OF OHIO FERRET ASSOCATION and
RESCUE and sanctioned by the American Ferret Association. We are proud
to have The FerretDepot.com as our title sponsor with PETCO Pet
Products as a contributing sponsor. [...]38_6Jul200713:09:[log in to unmask] 0707 3509 39 71_Question in reguards to bad boarding experience with Insulinomic ferret14_Shanna [log in to unmask], 6 Jul 2007 16:08:12 -0600516_- I just went on a trip for 5 days with my family and boarded my
Insulinomic ferret at our veterinary office to make sure that he would
get his medication. I gave them specific instructions on what dosage he
should be getting. When I came to pick him up, he could barely move.
They told me that they had decreased his medication because I was
giving him too much. He went from .5 mg twice a day to .3 mg twice a
day. This is a decrease of 40%! When I picked him up they had told me
that he [...]42_6Jul200716:08:[log in to unmask] 0707 3549 27 26_Supplements for [log in to unmask], 6 Jul 2007 14:18:14 -0400496_- Has anyone ever tried the holistic supplements made by Azmira called
"Panc'rse" and "Glucobalance"? It used to have a different name. I
think I read about it in the archives here
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:58:16 EDT
Last night I had an email conversation with Dr. Nick Saint-Erne
regarding the ferrets in question. I had also left a voice mail message
with corporate PetSmart. Dr. Saint-Erne had been told that there were 4
ferrets at that store and one of the older males, Spanky "does nip some
and so had been returned by a customer who did not have experience with
ferrets".

I had explained to him the story I know and that he was only hearing
what the managers there were telling him. Spanky is a biter and has
been in several homes. I was going by what I had seen and what
associates had told me.

When I got home from work tonight, there was a message on my machine
from corporate PetSmart that they are taking ferrets out of the
O'Fallon PetSmart. She had a long conversation with Dr. Saint-Erne who
confirmed that the store had issues and, thanks to me for reporting
it, they realize the ferrets are staying too long and it is not an
appropriate store to sell ferrets. Also, the only stores that will sell
ferrets are ones that will get them out fast. . They also are going to
start monitoring sales of how quickly ferrets are sold and associates
will be encouraged to handle them when they are in stores.

All I can say is that it seems the system has finally worked! I am so
happy I can hardly stand it! I did call back to corporate tonight, but
had to leave a message about what will happen to the 4 ferrets in that
store? I will go in and check out the situation this weekend. I just
want to know if they are all biters. I know that Spanky is and only
know by associates that 2 others are, too..

Please, if any of you see anything going on, it really does seem that
PetSmart does want ferrets to be taken care of properly....so PLEASE
report anything that needs reporting.