Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:20:23 -0400
Hi to all! It has been a crazy couple of months for us here in ABQ. I
"moved" back home March 2. I decided that Colorado has too many snow
storms to relo to - and made a decision to quit my job and come back
home. Not regretting it one bit. I missed my fuzzy friends.

Back home here though, we finally made the decision to have a melatonin
implant done for Rickie. He has been diagnosed with adrenal disease.
The vet says he isn't "that bad" yet, and that he feels that the
implant should do the trick with him. The only real obvious signs we
saw were his hair getting really "coarse" and he was beginning to look
like a pear. He was sleeping alot and didn't really have a lot of
energy. He has had the implant now for 1.5 weeks, and seems to have
begun to adjust. He is eating better, but still sleeping quite a bit. I
need some advice from my ferrety friends though guys. This is my first
adrenal kid, and I am not sure of how to really make sure he has all
that he needs. The first question I have, is : Is it normal for a 6
year old (damn, where did the time go?) to sleep alot, or is it from
the implants? How long does it take for the hair to become soft and
fluffy again? Is it normal that he wants to eat the cats soft food? Is
it safe for me to let him eat it? Any advice would be so appreciated!!!
Rickie never really bounced back after Helena died, so I am not sure if
his sleeping alot is due to depression still, or maybe a combination of
things. The vet seems to think that he will adjust within 30 days or
so, but hell, that seems like a long time to me.....is it? On a high
note, our newest member (MoJo Man) has become the apple of his Momma's
eye! He wants to be carried everywhere. He is awake the most, out of
all the kids - and loves nothing more than to be carried around and
cuddled. This is new to us, as our kids (remember most of mine are
fosters, or "returns" to Petcon and the ABQ animal services) are all
pretty much "leave me be to play" kids. He also has taken to "taking
care" of Rickie. When Rickie was having trouble getting water from the
dogs dish (yes, they have their own bottles, but it is so much more fun
stealing from Aeros) - MoJo would take water in his mouth, and give it
to Rickie. I've never seen anything like that in my life. It is like he
"knows" Rickie needs the extra help, and is always right there to give
it to him. He also trails around after Rickie and keeps him "motivated"
when the Rickster is up and about.

Well kids, any advice welcomed and so very much appreciated!! Hey - how
is Kimmie doing? Her surgery go ok? Does she still need the pogo stick?

Hugs to all!

Kim and Her Army of Idiots

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....