From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:58:55 -0500
FYI:

Notice that not all of the animals mentioned are in NJ. For example, my
mention of mountain lions or wolves applies to places like California,
Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, etc. "In some areas" should have also had
the word "other" or the note "of the U.S." or both. Luckily, most
people will automatically know that, but people who like to flame bait
might jump on it as flame baiters like to do to try to cause pain, or
others may not automatically know it which is understandable since
many do not know places other than their own.

Locally, we have mink and river otters, but once a fisher came through.
Steve and I were the first to see it. NJ FG&W figures it was a
stowaway. There is also an area in which Steve and I saw a martin long
ago, and when talking about the fisher with a wildlife mammal expert
that came up and he said there was a small population in that one small
park, but I do not know if it survived. With them not mentioned in the
current list that I could notice I guess they didn't. That is too bad.

Anyway, Britain in the UK is missing a lot of the considerations that
exist here in terms of wildlife and illnesses which could be
transmitted to ferrets outside.

Sukie (not a vet)
Current FHL address:
People can join there or can send a blank mail to the automated
joining address:
and then follow the directions.
(The second is recommended for those having problems with Yahoogroups
web settings, and afterward send a blank mail from your subscribed
address to
to get the digest instead of individual mails. )
Recommended ferret health links: