From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 06:56:22 -0600
I meant to mention this in my previous post, but forgot.

I noticed that a number of GT shelters DID NOT post an email address,
including the one that I "adopted". I had to email Kris & ask for the
shelter's info.

Secondly, couldn't each shelter list a full address (including city,
state, and zip!!), contact person, the email, AND a telephone number?
This would make it so much easier for the folks "adopting" to contact
them for questions, problems, etc. Then, even if the shelter
acknowledges the donation with a mass email or form letter, some word
to the donor is better than none.

I knew that due to physical problems of my own, I would never be able
to get to the Post Awful to mail my package -- so I contacted the
online pet merchant and requested a special note be enclosed with the
box, including of all of my relevant info, and be shipped directly to
the recipient. I certainly hope that they complied...but they are
well-known, and I have never had difficulties with them in the past.

Also, perhaps this year Kris could post a "back" button as well as a
button to go directly to the main tree from the ferret's profile. this
would make navigation of the site much easier (if it isn't too much
trouble. I know that Kris is usually pretty swamped with the GT).
Posting deadlines on the main page of the ferret tree would be VERY
helpful, too; my local rescue missed out this time around, because
no one knew the deadline for posting pix. If everyone knows that the
deadline for submitting ferret profiles is Oct. 31st (or whatever),
that would be awesome. We couldn't find that info posted anywhere on
the site. Perhaps we missed it.

Finally, I would like to send Kris, the shelters and rescues, and all
of the "adoptive parents" for all of their amazing, hard work. You
people never get enough applause or acknowledgement!

Thank you for all of your devoted hard work! :)

~Eri in TX