From:
"Audrey L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:02:11 -0500
Right now, we have a baker's dozen, so here goes... ;)

Cage 1:

Hazel: aka Hazel-Bee, about 7 private bred cinnamon. the most beautiful
buff color, esp. when she gets her winter coat and you can't see her
ears above her fluff. Mom of the cage, will keep the youngsters in line
if they squabble (and poof on them if needed), and cuddle with the one
who was getting the worst of it (and she's the one that used to hate
ALL ferrets). Can't come out to play without getting a rub down, and
now that she's older will fall asleep in your arms.

Riff-Raff: Riffy is a light sable MF, around 5 now, given to us with
her sister. She's the kissy one of the crew and will face wash, and
groom my arm hairs if they're out of place (shame on me!). Just an
absolute love. She likes to sneak attack the others, especially if
she can get their butts when they're not paying attention. Likes her
ferretone pretty well, if it's on my hand.

Magenta: Riffy's sister, no tats that we can find, same age, I suppose
she would be a DEW with some very carefully placed silver hairs here
and there. She is a ferretone NUT and will dig at or bite my ankles
until I get it for her.

Gulliver: Gully is a silver mitt PVF, 4. My 3 yr old son tends to call
all the ferts "gully" because we're always telling Gully to stop
digging in the poopy papers/food dish/couch/chair/you name it. Loves
his daddy. Also loves being tossed onto the couch and then dancing
himself off of it (not intentionally mind you). Will jump from almost
anywhere onto anything. Gets jealous if you pay attention to the other
boy.

Spud: Spudmuffin, the Spudmeister is 4 and PVF also, handsome albino
boy. Is a total loon and is following Gully in the jumping competition.
Loves the tubes.

Tulip: unknown age, was given to us along with a cage mate who didn't
make it. We named her Tulip because she seems to walk on her tip-toes
(through the tulips, c'mon, sing with me lol). I guess she'd be a DEW
also, just a few brown hairs here and there. Dainty little girl and a
love.

Olive: Dark dark sable, 3, PVF. She seems to have some hard-wiring
problems - if you touch a certain spot on her shoulders, she'll turn
and bite you, then look at you like "I didn't mean it, honest!" Loves
to go into the tubes and beat her tail, and she snores and makes odd
noises in her sleep. All of this crew love to run and jump and wrestle,
although Hazel is starting to tire sooner now, so she'll seek out a
quiet spot to watch.

If you've read this far, let's go to cage 2:

Noel: Older than dirt (seriously, she's got to be at least 11 but we're
not sure of exact age), sable, was rescued. Blind and deaf now and has
arthritis in her hind end, probably a bit senile too, but still manages
to eat, drink, and get it out the other end (although not always on
the papers, which distresses her to no end). We let her get as much
exercise as she can handle (which isn't much at this point as she's
pretty wobbly), but I do exercises with her when she gets her baths
(because she doesn't always make it to the papers, which distresses her
to no end. Did I say that already?). She's the last of the original
crew.

Spike: Deaf DEW, named as such because she's got a tooth that sticks
out (which got her to a shelter, adopted, returned, adopted again,
and then given to us). I love holding her because she lets out little
squeaks and grunts all the time. It took her a while to get adjusted
(we had a guy who lost his cage mate, and she had lost hers, so they
seemed a perfect match. but whenever he came near her, she'd shriek at
him. didn't know why until a month later when he was diagnosed with
cancer). She's definitely the most intuitive ferret here, and knows
when something is wrong just by sniffing.

Squelch and Jerry (aka Jerr-bear): Given to us as a pair, Squelch is a
dark sable girl and a doll. Just loves to play and jump and be. Jerry
is also a sable, we think, maybe a panda? He's got the cutest polka
dots on his tummy. Very laid back until he goes through a tube - then
watch out!!

Buffy: the vampire, 2, PVF, named because of her color. Little did we
know about the vampire thing. She loves to play and run and bite. Not
necessarily in that order. Also wants attention. Now. Did you hear me??
I said hold me now!

Stitch: the baby, 7 months of large bouncy boy (with a lard butt heh
heh heh). So named because one of the workers at the store had to get
stitches in his thumb because of him. With lots of TLC and patience he
has really turned around in the last 3 months and I think he'll be a
lap ferret before long. I think he'd be a cinnamon? I get confused
about the colorings too.

And... that's our crew. Lots of fuzzies at the rainbow bridge. I think
the most heartbreaking was Godiva, our DIM baby. But they are all loved
and missed terribly.
--
FMHugs, Audrey