Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:41:13 -0500
From:
Ann Haager <[log in to unmask]>
Some of our gang gang came to us from pet stores, others from shelters,
and still others were dumped on our doorstep by people who couldn't care
for them anymore. I wouldn't trade a single one of my babies for
ANYTHING...yes, even our little fat Snap Dragon! ^.^ But if you ask me,
some of these pet store ferrets need rescuing. They're young, and cute
and people are going to want to buy them for their children and what not
and then in a few months they'll be at a shelter and THEN some of you
think it's best to adopt them from a shelter. So why not get them early
on from the pet store and knock out the middle man and all the agony the
ferret will have to go through? I know not all kits end up in shelters,
but you never know which ones will and which ones won't...so if you know
you're the best home for them, why not get them at a pet store?

I'll be honest though, since we found a fairly local shelter, I will
probably not buy from a pet store again...but I can't say that with 100%
certainty because we do a lot of Ferret Awareness Days at Petco. In the
past year and a half, we've taken in 4 healthy happy dooking
ferrets...all from Ferret Business of GA. And I look forward to visiting
the shelter and helping out...that's why I adopt. But there is nothing
wrong with purchasing a ferret from a pet store if you're heart is in
the right place!

In Christ,
Ann