Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:44:58 -0600
From:
Tracy Horn <[log in to unmask]>
My apologies if this has been posted previously. If it has already
been posted, then let this be a reminder to you to please sign this
petition. In addition to this being a very cruel practice...

The Forest Service wants to make it easier to poison and kill prairie
dogs on the American plains -- risking creatures like burrowing owls,
hawks, swift fox and the critically endangered black-footed ferret.

Prairie dogs play an essential role in the plains ecosystem. Already
there may be too few prairie dogs in the National Grasslands to sustain
local populations of some of the animals that depend on them, including
burrowing owls, swift fox, and the endangered black-footed ferret.

Wildlife management should be based on science, not on politics. The
ability to poison is limited by the current Nebraska National Forest
Management Plan to avoid the temptation for managers to cave into
pressure from grazing lessees and politicians seeking private gain from
public lands at the expense of wildlife. Do not remove this safety net
by amending the plan to allow poisoning anywhere on the Grasslands!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/357842689?z00m=8176372&ltl=1162935312

Please pass this petition on to everyone you know. We can get them to
listen.

Tracy Horn