From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:54:09 -0600
Hello and Happy Holidays to all.

It has been a while since I posted. But you see it has been a sad
place here. Our little boy Herman lost his battle with cancer between
Thanksgiving and Christmas. It has been such a difficult thing to get
through. I still cannot bear to put his cage away. We buried him in the
little cemetary with his buddies that went to the bridge before him.
Losing Herman has been terrible, he was the baby that we bought because
we realized that our own boys were all about the same age and I was
afraid that we would lose them all at around the same time. So we
bought little Herman, he was so cute as a baby, he would lay in the
food bowl and protect the food from everyone else. Ironic that he would
end his little life unable to eat because of the tumor growing in his
tummy. He endured a lot of sickness before his passing. This past year
he had a speenectomy that reduced his overall weight by 1/3. The nasty
tumor was not even evident at that time and we thought we were on the
road to recovery. 6 weeks later he was not bouncing back the way a
young man should and we went back for an ultrasound that showed the
tumor. He could not tolerate surgery again and so we chose to medicate
for comfort and let nature take its course. I prayed that he would
miraculously get better but it was not to be. He passed away around
430 in the morning, in his favorite snuggy with his little red alien
toy beside him. (His alien was buried with him). I miss him so much
and realize how easily he taught me that one cannot replace the other.
I hope that he is having a wonderful Christmas on the other side of
the bridge with his buddies, and I hope that he knows how much his
Mom misses him everyday.

Kim and the Gang at Coffee Creek
Missing Stinky,Sable,Faith,Paco,John,Polly,Rosie and now little Herman