Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 15:50:52 -0600
Jean, I can't right now because we are battling kennel cough in my
group but once everyone is well again I could take a group of up to 5
of your little ones if we can arrange transport. We got double whammied
with one strain from one group and another strain from another group
and these two mutated to create a third strain so it's been quite the
experience. I got them over the first 2 strains and then 3 months later
this third strain popped up and it is a real doozy.

My numbers haven't been up to 100 but years ago we had 84. All free
roam special needs kids that weren't adoptable. Our numbers had
increased dramatically when we helped out another ferret shelter in
an emergency situation.

My situation was a bit different than yours since my group is free roam
and there weren't separate play/love/exercise times, but cleaning was a
large task. Food, treats, ferretone, ferretvite, baby food, A/D, etc.
are always a big expense and so is energy for cleaning, monitoring
everyone, playing and loving, and vet bills of course.

What is needed most is shelter situation specific. A shelter may be
in need of food, or help cleaning, or bedding, or a number of other
things. When wanting to help a shelter it's helpful to ask that
specific shelter what they need or can use, what type of food they
feed, etc. Gift certificates for supplies or food can be ordered
from many on-line sites.

Homes are always needed for shelter ferrets, foster homes are very
helpful though it would be extra special if foster homes help with
the finances of their foster ferrets too.

hugs to all. tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org