From:
Marianna Garrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 15:09:55 -0500
I read a post, yesterday I believe, pertaining to insulinoma and 8 in 1
foods. I alternate between the majors using 3 or 4 at a time in a mix.
8 in 1 is one I have used heavily, along with Marshall, Totally Ferret,
Zupreem, Sheppard & Green.

I had a ferret die at about 3 1/2 years in 2005 and one die recently at
about 4 1/2 years. Symptoms started with on and off diarhea and weight
loss even though they were eating. They progressed to constant diarhea,
extreme weight loss (like a concentration camp victim), lethargy and
eventually right before death hind-end weakness making it necessary
for them to almost crawl to get around, and extreme loss of strength -
I say this because they wanted to eat but did not have the energy even
with me doing duck soup, etc.. Though insulinoma was suspected it was
never able to be confirmed. I have developed a complex of WHAT AM I
DOING WRONG? I read and study on the right foods, environment etc.
almost obsessively. And yet these two deaths were so young. Now I
read about 8 in 1. Can someone tell me definitively that 8 in 1 is a
known problem that I should remove from the regimen? Were my ferret's
symptoms the same as the others who died from 8 in 1 problems? In other
words, if these symptoms are the ones and 8 in 1 is a problem - HELP.
Give me some input PLEASE? Any information or help would be greatly
appreciated. I love my fuzzies dearly and mourn the loss greatly. I
need to know what is happening or what I need to do differently.

Thanking you in advance.

Marianna Garrett