From:
One Stop Baby Shop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:21:47 -0500
Jean Wrote:
>Straight and to the point. The shelter is busting at it's seams. There
>no longer is a dinning room in the house, I have tried and tried and
>tried not to beg for help, but come up with fundraisers and do things
>to raise money. I try not to impose on people, I don't know what else
>to do. I am barely keeping up with litter boxes and keeping the litter
>in stock.

I personally know what Jean is going through, that was me last year,
and we did not survive. I had to make the ultimate decision to shut
down, due to $20,000 in medical bills and expenses. DON'T LET JEAN
BECOME ANOTHER SHUT DOWN CASE........HELP HER OUT. Sheltering is VERY
hard and is ALWAYS taken as a grain of salt. I still get a TON of calls
and it breaks my heart to say the words "I am closed" because I know
the ferrets are going to end up some place other then a ferret-specific
shelter. Some.... even put to sleep. But shelters NEED public support.
NO IF ands or BUTS about it. Shelter moms and dads SHOULD NOT have to
pay for everything out of their pocket (which is expected by alot of
people). These animals are society's problem and society needs to step
up and help. Jean's Shelter is not the only one busting at the seams.
Shelters across America are all in the same boat. Grab litter or food
next time you are out and drop it on their doorstep. The money to
purchase a few bags of litter and food can then be put on the HUGE vet
bill shelters always have. We are still paying off a $3300.00 medical
bill.

SORRY, but this subject really is distressing and I had to post. JEAN
NEEDS HELP........AND WE NEED TO HELP HER AS A FERRET COMMUNITY. Don't
let another good shelter go down the tubes because we are too into
bashing shelters instead of helping them. There are lists on AFA as to
where you can find a local shelter. Check it out and do your part. Big
or Small, it all helps!

Marguerite
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue
Closed but still caring for 19 Biters and Elderly ferrets cast away by
Society.