From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:21:27 -0500
Koda has returned home form his surgery today-- sore, tired a little
confused... but we expect he will be dandy in a week or so.

Koda's emergency exploratory surgery today revealed a very angry small
intestine and ulceration most likely due to ingesting fiberglass
insulation from a trip inside a wall 4-5 days ago. He has had several
small servings of gruel with turkey in it since coming home, has pain
meds, antibiotics, carafate for the next week.... and is currently
sleeping in a snug hospital cage on the table.

I will tackle an earmite problem as soon as the boy is feeling a tad
better.

Koda's emergency surgery was fit into the end of the shelter vets day.
He was discharged at 6:15 pm tonight ( Thursday) . I expect him to be
a tad happier in the next few days. Thanks to all those who sent well
wishes along, I will be happy to post his updates as I can. I guess for
this little guy he is lucky to be having a Holiday-- and I am lucky to
have him here to remind me what a difference we can make for a needy
ferret. SO, Welcome Koda... I look forward to reporting on ferret
antics when you feel better.

SHelter Mom, Alicia