From:
Jessica Melchior <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:54:08 -0500
Bill & I are ferret lovers. We love the way they dook uncontrollably;
scoot backwards when they're mad; coil their tails up like a squirrel;
stick their noses up our guests' pants; steal our guests' shoes, ties,
soy sauce packets, pills, pens, snack packs, etc... We love the way our
ferret can be folded up like a wallet; her lurking in front of outside
doors waiting to be let out but still too chicken to actually leave;
the way she makes little Liam's face light up with excitement when she
comes into the room. Millie has traveled far with us. She has visited
family back home, she has visited two classes of bright-eyed 4th
Graders. Millie has been an institution in our household, as was her
friend Maggie who passed a couple of years ago. Anyone who has visited
has come to love (or hate) her morning wake up calls & the evening
search (Has anyone seen Millie? I think she's in the baby's bib
drawer... or maybe with the pot holders or in the suitcase downstairs).
Yes, we all love Millie.

Unfortunately, it seems Liam and Bill are allergic to her. Bill has had
a stuffy nose ever since we became ferret owners. Every time we leave
the house, he magically feels better, & then worse again back at home
(this has held true in two residences). Millie also does not seem to
be the best pet for an infant, as she is curious and small. She likes
to steel bottles and pacifiers (sometimes out of the babies mouth) and
Liam sometimes hurts her when he tries to grab a hold.

For these reasons we feel it may be time to let Millie meet new people,
and live in a new home. We love her very much, and want to make sure
that she goes to a good loving home where she will be given treats, and
allowed to spend lots of time out of her cage.

If you or someone you know would like to give a warm, loving home to
such a loveable pet, please reply to me, and we can try to see if there
may be a match.

Name: Millie
Size: 1.7lbs
Last Vet Visit: All vaccinations in November 2006 - nothing need until
                next November
Health: Vet says she is a picture of health
Abilities: Comes when she hears her name or a squeaky toy
           Litter trained (with accidents)
           Loves to stand on hind legs and beg for treats.
Has: Several toys, a cage, dishes, collars, and other accessories we
will give with her

Many pictures can be found at this URL:
http://www.themelchiors.com/milliepics/

Thank you all,