Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:18:56 -0500
On Saturday a very busy shelter mom, Alicia, went south about three
hours to pick up young Soren, an 8 1/2 year old pet store ferret who
had learned to be fearful of hands and bite. She then came back with
Soren (and a little old ferret lady who was being transported to a
forever home) to make a round trip of nearly 6 hours. This was Soren's
first road trip (woo hoo) but not so for Alicia. As a shelter Mom she
is often traveling to needy ferrets, vet appointments, and hospice care
homes. Not to mention legislature events and educations seminars. The
very next day she was also running a fundraising event at a pet store.
I've seen her in action at these, it's a lot of prep work, set-up work,
and many "on your feet" hours of talking to and informing customers
about ferrets.

I know it's a time of year where everyone is short on time and money,
but more so for shelter operators. I am hoping that we can all do a
small bit to make a big difference. If you read this and want to wish
Soren luck on his new start life please help support his rehabilitation
at Ferret Wise shelter. If you could please send even just the price of
one gallon of gas as a donation to help Alicia continue the wonderful
work she does.

Please check out the shelter at www.ferretwise.org and please send a
small contribution to Soren's new start to:

Ferret Wise Rescue and Rehabilitation
PO Box 561
Marlborough, NH 03455

Dooks