Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 13:31:54 -0700
My partner & I agree that ferrets are not particularly "funky"
smelling. All animals have some aroma, & the first time I smelled a
ferret it smelled exactly like my grandmother's mink coat! (Before
anyone "flames" me about humans wearing fur, please note that I have
no idea what happened to the coat, & my Dear grandmother died in the
1960s of a lengthy illness & should be left to rest in peace.) While
no animal lover would wear fur, my point is that I have never heard
ANYONE complain that mink coats were "stinky".

When someone at the vet's office comments "aren't ferrets smelly?",
I always recommend that they stick their nose in a wet dog. :>)