Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 03:13:42 -0500
>What do you use for spraying carpet and furniture to get the ferret
>smell "under control"....if you use anything...

I vacuum w/ Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh. Sprinkle it on, wait 10 or 15
min, & vacuum. For furniture, I use the Kroger version of Febreze spray.
I do both a couple times a wk. I also have a Glade Plug-In in the
room, & have an inexpensive air filter that plugs into the wall outlet
(I think it's made by Hamilton Beach, I'd have to go look). I'm one of
those people who can smell a barbeque 5 mi away, & since I seem to be
able to smell things that other people don't smell, I take extra
precautions, in case anyone else of my ilk wanders into my house.
People generally use our back door at our house, & the mudroom leads
directly into the ferret room & the kitchen. People say they don't
smell the ferrets, so...

>And what do you put on your ferrets to keep them smelling good...if
>you use anything...

Clean bedding keeps my guys from smelling too extreme. If anyone gets
into anything or has a case of StinkFoot from a wrong step in the
litter box, I use those pet wipe thingies that you can get at just
about any grocery store. Baths every 4 mos or so.

Lin, Ariel, Oberon, Max, Puck, & Ivan