From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:05:15 -0700
It's been about two weeks since I wrote about the sores on the sides of
my white boy, Silverado. I removed the verticle tunnel inside the cage.
He had to go down and up it for potty and general getting around. I am
pleased to report that he is almost all healed now, fur is regrowing
and he looks much better.

I would encourage anyone who uses the hard tunnels to examine their
ferrets for signs of problems on the sides and backs. If so, do
something. Remove them, save for excercize outside the cage, use for a
planter. But look for an alternative play system. If size of the ferret
is a problem try to find something larger, such as concrete forms. Not
as much fun but safer.

Carol Owens,
Ferret Friends,
Tucson AZ