From:
Julie Fossa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 21:04:14 -0800
I've really needed to write this post all week, but have found it very
difficult. I first met Rebecca McFarlane at the Ferrets 2000 Event in
Toronto, Canada. But it wasn't until she found homes for several of the
Utah Rescues and I took them over to their home in Western Indiana that
I really got to see the real Rebecca. She was warm and gracious and
made you feel like one of her family. We stayed in contact, for the
most part, after that.

Long story short, we became good friends and worked together for the
good of the ferrets in need. When my husband and I bought a winter home
in Florida, we were miles apart, but still in each other's hearts. I
would always see her at least a couple of times when we were in Ohio
for the summer.

It was quite a shock to all of us when Rebecca left so unexpectedly. I
assured Larry and Sara I would help in any way they needed -all they
had to do was ask. So, when Larry asked if I could give some temporary
help with the ferrets, we prepared to bring them to the shelter here in
Lima, Ohio.

At this time, all 41 ferrets are with me. Overall, they are in good
health, have been loved and cared for. They are delightful ferrets.
There are a number that are in failing health as can be expected. Larry
and Sara would like to keep and care for each and every one until they
leave for the Rainbow Bridge, but reality may not make that an easy
endeavor. So, some of the ferrets will go home to Larry and Sara again.
Some we will want to rehome. I will soon be posting the information on
the different groups that will be available. Pictures will be put on
the website, and I or a volunteer will post the link when it's ready. I
plan to get some of the ferrets' pictures on the Giving Tree for
Christmas.

The ferrets I currently believe will be available to re-home include
the following: there may be a single elderly female, a middle aged
female, a seriously health- compromised pair she had just taken in
which will need a lot of special care, an elderly health compromised
trio which I'll be keeping, a young healthy trio and a young healthy
group of four. I'll have more information and pics available shortly.
Transportation assistance may be needed as we re-home groups.

If you are close enough to visit the shelter and would like to
volunteer to help a couple of hours, let me know. Or maybe you'ld just
like to play with the ferrets. I'm easier to reach right now by phone
(number is in signature line) than email, but I am trying to check
email at least once a day.

I hope to have another update, soon.

Julie

Julie Fossa