From:
jodi frankford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 10:49:07 -0600
Hi Fmlers;

I have a 4 month old kitten who I adopted three weeks ago.  I also have
two ferrets; a male and female.  The cat seems to respect the male
ferret, as he bites back when she stalks him or plays too rough, but the
female ferret, Sharkie (who is both smaller and older) is less prone to
standing up for herself.  As a result, the cat stalks Sharkie and will
ambush her while she is eating, playing, etc.  I keep the cat out of the
ferret room unless I am there to supervise, as I am worried the cat is
stressing Sharkie out and/or may harm her.  I really want them to get
along though, as half of the reason I adopted the cat is to console one
of the two ferrets when the other has to go to the bridge.  I have
fostered cats in the past while I had ferrets, and they bonded well and
would sleep together, etc.  I really want the cat and the ferrets to
become friends, but am at wits end.  Does anyone have any ideas on how
to facilitate a healthy relationship between a cat and two ferrets?

Thank you,
Jodi, Sharkie, Auto and Morvern (the cat)
missing meester (adrenal surgery complications/renal failure) and fatso
(cardiomyopathy)