Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:57:21 -0500
From:
ruby supe <[log in to unmask]>
My 5 year old caught one of our colds about 2 weeks ago, she was doing
fine & seemed okay. But the past week she has not been eating her hard
food. I started spoon feeding her watered doen canned ferret food. then
I started feeding her baby food. She stoped eating from the spoon. The
past few days I have been syringe feeding her 90 cc-100 cc a day of
baby food & nutrical mix. She has lost weight she went from almost 2
lbs lbs to 1.14lbs. I am very concerned as now she seems very weak and
of course has diah. from all the liquid food I have been giving her. I
have been syringing her Gatorade & water. I have also been giving her
SQ fluids daily, although not alot, maybe 25 cc. At 1st her nose was
stuffy & she didn't want to eat but now I am convinced that her throat
is hurting her and she does not want to swallow so she wont eat &
drink. She was not sick before she caught the cold. I do not know if I
can give her any of the pediatric cold meds to make her feel better and
help her throat. If anybody has any advice please let me know. I do
work at a vet's office and I can get any rx from the doctor to help
her. ( he's not ferret knowledgable)

thanks
ruby