From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:11:36 -0500
Mary wrote:
>My vet (one of the best ferret docs in the U.S.) is actually listed on
>one of the ferret lists (I'm not sure which right now). Her name is
>Dr. Jeanette Molina. She is a surgeon as well as a ferret/small animal
>doc. The ferrets have their own treatment room and can write on the
>walls if they wish. Her staff is excellent and she has 9 of her own
>ferrets. She cared for my Calvin.

That listing is here:

http://ferrethealth.org/vets/vets.shtml
 There are back posts listing a range of sites which can help find
ferret vets in a number of locations world-wide. Some are no longer
updated, but others stay as updated as their owners can keep them (i.e.
dependent on feedback from others). Notice that the resource listed
above has moved from an old addy in this post:

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/SG15794

Finding shelters and clubs (again, updating is dependent partially on
those keeping the lists but largely on feedback):

http://www.supportourshelters.org/

http://www.ferret.org/linkmenu.shtm

Ferrets Annual magazine from Bowtie (available in many pet stores and
magazine counters) and I think that there is also a Critters Annual
from them which also has such listings.

Sometimes the web is just such a cool resource... Okay, often...

Sukie (not a vet)
Current FHL address:
People can join there or can send a blank mail to the automated
joining address:
and then follow the directions.
(The second is recommended for those having problems with Yahoogroups
web settings, and afterward send a blank mail from your subscribed
address to
to get the digest instead of individual mails. )
Recommended ferret health links: