Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:30:36 EDT
Yay! Today I got new living room furniture. For the first time in 15
years. Our old furniture was destroyed by our ferrets thanks to my
husbands x-boss. We had well behaved ferrets, once upon a time. A real
joy. Then Scott's boss thought it was oh so cute to scratch at the
cushions and watch Ping and Pong copy him. I tried to stop him, and he
got annoyed and told me they couldn't hurt anything. I was too shy and
too intimidated by his status to really "make" him stop back then. Ping
and Pong became great teachers after that, and every ferret that has
ever graced our doorstep has taken lessons on down the line. Now no
furniture is safe from digging here. Do not worry though. Because now
we know better and the nice furniture is pretty much off limits to
fuzzy weasel like creatures (well, except Scott).

How is our new furniture related to ferrets and the FML? Well, normally
we'd never ever buy a sofa with a pull out bed in it. It's an
unnecessary cost and no matter how much money you spend, you do feel
a difference (it's more firm and odd feeling than normal). But
considering that we have guests like Kat Parsons and Renee, as well as
others that visit and spend the night ... we figured a top of the line,
queen sized, double high, felt lined, blow up mattress bed was not good
enough. No, our ferret family needs a more comfortable and permanent
space here. So our new furniture was sort of purchased "for" our ferret
friends. I kid you not. I would never have bought this particular style
of furniture if it weren't for you guys, because most of the couches I
liked did not have pull out bed options. But alas, what is more
important, ya know?

I'm excited now. Who wants to visit and try it out first? I promise to
provide a glass of water and a Ferrets magazine already turned to the
page of one of my articles. Because it's all about me, doncha know.
That's what ferrets taught me anyway. hehehehehe!

Wolfy

ps, How wonderfully pathetic is it that we bought furniture
specifically to fit the needs of ferret people friends?!