From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:28:54 -0400
Wendy H wrote "

Just came across an ad in my local paper regarding ferrets for sale.  If
anyone in the Hamilton/Toronto area is interested, he has two six month
old female kits for 20.00 each or a male and female he'd like to keep
together with a nice large cage for 50.00."

Sadly, this man probably got his ferrets from Killman Zoo.  They have
been "breeding" ferrets for years in the Hamilton area.  We've been
trying to close them down for a while now.  They sell ferrets for
between $10-$20 each, no shots and not fixed.  The zoo is horrible,
not even having an underground watering system for their animals.

We've been working closely with Zoo Check for a long time to try and help
all the animals involved but with Canadian laws, there is not much we can
do except try to get the cruelty bill passed (which we have been trying
to do, along with 100's of other groups for over 10 years).

Ontario residents, PLEASE do not support these back-yard breeders.  Don't
buy from these farms.

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society