From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:13:25 -0400
Hi everyone,

Marilyn here, and I saw the post about the sick dogs.

At my house, we have NO FLEAS, NO WORMS, and everyone is pretty
healthy.  Every night, I slip my three dogs a 1,000 mg garlic capsule.
SSSSHHHHHHHH, they don't know it.

My dogs are good, the vet says how do you do it?  She is a great lady,
but not into the alternatives.

Anyway, NOTHING gets past the garlic, and when they bark, the paper
almost comes off the wall.  To kiss the German Shepherd on the nose will
clean your head and make your eyes water.  But by morning, the odor is
gone.

I also give them some brewers yeast, between the two, we do not have the
usual problems.  If your dog would take it, try it.  The Malamute LOVES
garlic, but the Shepherd and the Border Collie give me the hairy eyeball.

I'm no vet, I do not make any claims, but, garlic is a very potent
antibiotic, and it is natural.  I tried the plain cloves, but salad is
not on their diet.  I stuffed a clove into a piece of hot dog, they ate
the meat, spit out the clove, gel caps are best.  Sort of slips down and
when it burps back it is to late.

Marilyn