From:
Heather Mainville <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:07:07 -0500
Hi folks,

I'm not exactly "new" to the FML...I used to be here several years
ago when I had my first 6 ferrets (as Heather Wojtowicz). I'm newly
divorced with my new/old name back, and still have ferrets, although at
the moment I just have one oldster recovering from bilateral adrenal
surgery that he just had at the Tufts hospital here in Massachusetts
(marvelous place). He had a longtime companion who died just after
New Year's also at Tufts, after becoming ill with somewhat puzzling
symptoms and a very sudden crash. Tufts is doing a necropsy to see
what may have been her demise.

I've worked with shelters in Massachusetts, most notably the Educated
Ferret, and I was one of the founding members of New England Ferret
Foster, Education and Rescue (NEFFER), now defunct. Ferrets seem to be
a bit on the decline here in Mass now that the original fad surge is
more than 10 years old; many of our local pet shops don't carry them or
don't regularly carry them anymore. Still, from what I read and hear,
our few shelters and foster homes are still very, very busy. I'm
currently waiting on a call this week from a local woman who has two
that her ex-boyfriend left in her care and which she doesn't want; I
am hoping they will be friends for my lonely guy at home.

It's nice to be back on the FML!

Heather Mainville
Missing Skitters (1/3/07) and trying to stay out of Grover's way!