Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:39:10 -0600
A reply to the person that said she had someone looking for ferrets to
adopt to feed snakes.

This is just unbelieveable. As a member of two large reptile online
communities Ive never heard of anyone doing such a thing. I own three
loving ferrets as well as reptiles(snakes and lizards). I dont know of
any ferret shelter that adopts for free.Most charge a reasonable but
rather large adoption fee. Why would someone pay that, when they can
get rats for 5 dollars or even rabbits for 10, and chickens for even
cheaper. Not to mention the damage a carnivore like a ferret could do
to even a large snake( responsible snake owners would never endanger
thier animal by feeding it such dangerous prey, most feed frozen/thawed
or prekilled rats/rabbits from special companies that sell for that
purpose)...I just cant see this happening unless it was a hoax or
prank..Im am sorry I dont usually get so upset but I am tired of
reptile owners always being seen as Devils in disguise ready to feed
any cute fuzzy creature to thier snakes. Yes I know that there are
idiot pet owners in all realms but this just seems rather unlikely..
Please dont think Im saying you the person who wrote the message made
it up at all, but it just seems unlikely to be something that happens
often if ever again.. So please think long and hard before judging us
reptile owners... We do love our ferrety friends and our cats and dogs
too....

Cc