Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 06:24:37 -0500
I like Sue's idea. I think a lot of shelters (most) are out there
struggling on a shoestring budget. I know of one lady who presses
clothes all day at a dry cleaner's to pay for her shelter expenses and
I am sure there are many more stories of sacrifice. If the shelters
were all up in one site and everyone here picked a couple to send a
buck to each month think of how much good we could do as a community.

I'd also like to add that I applaud Jean's love of and concern for
ferrets and she does not deserve to be criticized. Yes, she needs help
but it's the ferrets that need the help which Jean is trying her best
to provide. With Jean these babies are secure and loved. No matter how
low her funds get her ferrets never suffer it's Jean that constantly
does without. I feel that she and numerous other shelter folk just
trying to keep ferrets from being casually disposed of deserve our
help and admiration for the work they do.

Laurel