From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:26:23 -0500
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061031/NEWS02/610310315/1001/NEWS

>The final players in this drama of ferrets and prairie dogs are groups
>such as Prairie Wildlife Research, run by Travis Livieri, a former
>Wall resident who is moving to Fort Collins, Colo. He plans to hold a
>fundraiser Wednesday in Denver for ferret research and monitoring.
>
>He has monitored ferret populations for several years - Conata Basin
>is stable at more than 200 - and tried to find a compromise with the
>roughly 15 area ranchers.
>
>That he was unsuccessful shows just how divisive the issue is in the
>local community. None of the ranchers accepted the grants Livieri was
>brokering in return for agreeing not to poison prairie dogs.

15 ranchers can destroy all the Travis, Paul Marinari and others have
tried to build over the last 25 years. PLEASE sign these petitions. We
are 2500+ strong. Let our voices be heard.

<http://action.defenders.org/prairiedogs>

<http://takeaction.worldwildlife.org/action/index.asp?step=2&item=30963>

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress