From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:02:57 -0700
Hi Eleanor;

Good to hear from you..  guess I'll post to the FML again what I have
found out..  Seems I'm not the only rescue to have gotten this message.
It is definitely a scam, but really, I figured it was when I read it.

If you're a member of other groups feel free to cross post.  And I'm
leaving the links you sent to me for others to have as well.

Also I posted the other day about a failed rescue.  A little girl who
died just a second before I was able to subQ her.  She too was so flea
infested that her pads where white and her gums too were white - in fact
the entire inside of her mouth was white.

Adams flea spray, frontline, advantage, or revolution all give
protection.  You can buy the large dog advantage and put 3-4 drops on
each ferret - it'll treat 6-8 easily..  and they will be protected for
a month.  After the initial treatment you don't have to treat each and
every ferret every month... just treating 1/2 of them protects them all -
well it does here.  With these simple remedies I just don't understand
why anyone has a ferret with fleas.  I remember before the remedies, back
when we dipped our dogs each week how they would cry and cry as they
scratched themselves.  When I discovered dursban (now outlawed) for the
yard then program, then advantage I can not tell you the joy and relief I
felt because my babies no longer had to live with these attacks.

I can't believe that ferret people would do this.  To rationalize this I
have to believe it is not ferret people or true animal people who do
this, but those who say "aw how cute" and impulse buy a kit.  Beyond that
I guess I'd better shut up before I get wound up ...

Vicki

Tootsie Mead <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
http://www.internetfraud.usdoj.gov/
http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/cyberfraud.htm
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/idtheft.htm

Eleanor, Donald and 6 pack of ferrets

Vicki Montgomery Tricks and Treats Rescue
Greater Houston/Galveston Texas 713-472-6599
"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man
will not himself find peace." ~ Dr. Albert Schweitzer