From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:14:26 -0500
Dear Friends in the fml

We have lost another sweetheart.  Our little Rosie came to the shelter
after someone traded her for some lawnmower parts and the kind gentleman
made the trade and then called us.  He was a kindly older man and wanted
someone to take care of the little ball of white fluff with the fiery
pink eyes.

Rosie lived here in the shelter for about a 1 1/2 years with her little
cagemate, Lilly.  I started noticing about a month ago that she was
becoming a little more aggressive in her play and that her fur was
getting thin around her shoulders.  Last week on the 26th of Sept she
went for the adrenal surgery that I thought would give her a longer
healthier life.  On Tuesday she became lethargic and quit eating.  We
made a flying trip back to Columbia to see the vet and she passed to
the Bridge within minutes.  I have lost several ferrets since I started
taking them in.  Usually due to old age, cancer etc.  Losing Rosie was
the hardest, maybe because she didn't seem sick, she still played and
danced.  I wanted her to live a long healthy life and thought the sooner
we got the tumor out the better.  The vet said there was nothing we could
have done different, I know he meant well but it was a sad Mom and Dad
that made the trip back to the Lake of the Ozarks with our little Rosie.

She now lays at the edge of the big woods with all of her brothers and
sister who have gone to the bridge before her.  Dance on little Rosie
and know that Momma and Daddy miss you so much.

Kim and the Gang from Coffee Creek Ferret Rescue