From:
Donna - Educated Ferret Assoc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 21:52:58 EDT
Hello Deo my hoomin showed me you letter.  It is my first real one for
modeling.  I do get letters from children that I do education to in some
of the hoomin schools.  Some of them even draw pictures of me and give
them to my hoomin.

So now to answer your email.Yes I think I can help you with the modeling.
I do not think they will have banging doors to scare you.  The rooms we
model in are real big.  Kind of like many hundreds of ferret cages put
together.  It is so large and inside so I do not think you could hear any
thrunder.here will be many hoomins there and I am sure they will play
some music.  Maybe your hoomin can I do know if you do something funny
the hoomins will laugh or clap their paws together.  This does make
noise, but if you know what it is you do not have to be scared.  If you
get upset your hoomin can put your back neck to under her chin and talk
softly to you.  Both the sound and vibration are soothing I never have
issues with sounds because I am deaf and cannot hear them.  I feel them,
but I'm weird cause I like the vibrations.  Feels like someone is talking
to me.  I used to run and hide like you the first year I moved to my
forever home.  Sometimes she would have different fur on her legs and I
did not recognize her so I would scream and then run and hide.  Some
times she would have different feet and if they were new and I did not
know the smell I would bit them.  It would also help if you hoomin would
take you outside and on short trips to other places so you are used to
different dens.  Maybe she could take you down the runway, a few times
before you start the show.

To help with my costumes my hoomin makes these real light harnesses that
have a thing called Velcro on the back.  She then takes a piece of sticky
Velcro and puts it inside the clothing or costume back, so it helps to
hold it on.  Sometimes the costume feels like it is going to fall off and
I walk funny so the harness w my hoomin has to make two for the boys.

I bet Tanner looked real funny going backwards.  I think he was just
trying to rub it off so he could drag it off to his hidy hole.  That is
what Titus does.  I like to be carried upside down.  See us ferrets have
sensors in the bones of our heads and since I am deaf I work better
upside down.  My hoomins says my sensors work better than most ferrets.
Besides I love looking at hoomins this way.  They sure are funny.  I
would not recommend you try your first modeling run by going backwards.
Besides hoomins have enough trouble going forwards so how would they make
their way down the runway backwards.  Just go forward, hold you head up
and give cute looks.  For the first time I recommend you have a hoomin
hold you in a harness hold with your butt along her arm.  You will feel
much more secure, comfortable and you can see what is around you instead
of looking where you are going.  Us ferrets get side tracked when we see
new things and need to investigate.  Besides all those smelly hoomin feet
in the place where the sit are irresistible to a ferret Lilly angel,
Joshua and I went to the vets yesterday to update our shots for Canada.
You will need yours updated to get in to model.  I got a little sick and
threw up on the vet lady.  She gave me a shot and I was dancing in a few
min.  She said I was a ballerina.  Poor Joshua.  His face and neck
swelled up so he had a head like a cat.  He could not breath or see.  He
was so scared.  SO was our hoomin and Dr. He had shots, a mask put over
his head and my hoomin said lots of prayers.  We are so lucky our ferret
Dr is real good.  Lilly Angel almost went over the rainbow bridge.
Hoomins said she was critical for over five hours.  I never saw so many
hoomins move so fast.  The hoomin vet said that she did not think Lilly
would be with us very long.  Lilly's veins collapsed and she pulled out
the one they put the medicine in.  We were all so scared.  Poor Lilly
lost all her blood out her bum and she throw ed up the rest..  DR said
she never so such a bad reaction.  She has not lost one yet.  She is our
hoomin angel.  She said Lilly Angel might need a transfusion so she would
have more blood.  She told my hoomin she had some stuff in a bottle of
not real blood that might help.  I love Lilly.  She is the best sister so
I volunteered to give her some of mine.  Fortunately Lilly Angel started
to move and take some duck soup.  Joshua's swelling went down so he could
breath again.  I crawled up next to the both of them to keep them warm.
Lilly sure got cold for a long time.  She has some bald spots on her legs
that are all red, but I think they should be better in time for going to
Canada.  The hoomin vet said Joshua and Lilly Angel were miracles.  My
hoomin said answered prayers.  She is very close to a person over the
rainbow bridge, call God.  She said he waits for us over the rainbow
bridge to make us well and happy when we go visit him.  Anyway we all
came home last night and have had a lot of extra duck soups so help us
get better quicker.  MMMMMMMMMMMMM wonder if I fall over if my hoomin
will give me more.  Na, we scared her enough yesterday.  Besides I moved
the four legged sitting thing and got into the pan door so she is mad at
me.  I knew I did wrong, cause I am not suppose to go in there.  I love
the vibration when they all fall.  Then when she was getting ready for
work I got Titus to help me move the sitting thing and got in it again.
Titus is strong, but not too bright.  He is a good brother and I can boss
him around.  Yup into more trouble again.  She put two of the sitting
things next to each other.  Got busted.  I would be happy to share a
treat with you if we get a chance.  My hoomin keeps a pretty tight
harness on us when we travel.  It keeps us from getting into trouble and
also keeps us from stressing out.  She said we will be in a different
country.  Do you know what that is?  Sounds like the largest playpen area
and lots of fun things to explore.

Oh last thing for the modeling.  Have you had your ADV test?  The hoomins
will not let us in with out one.  My hoomin did our tests and they just
came back.  They were negative.  I guess that means we do not have
anything other ferrets can catch.  Our hoomin says that ADV can kill
a ferret and is not treatable like most adrenal or insulomia.  Hoomins
says that we do not have to worry about any thing if we get sick cause
all the best hoomin ferret DR's will be with us.  So don't worry about
being scared and just look at this time away from home as a great big new
den that you can explore and have fun.  Just be a ferret.  The hoomins
will love you for you and not a walk or dance.

Well hoomin just finished cleaning our sleep area so better get off
computer before she catches me.

You new friend Leah