From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 01:48:54 -0700
Have any of you experienced this? I have a nice little group of 7
young ferrrets. They are pretty good about using their ;itter boxes
these days. Of course i know that could change inexplicably and then
change again.

At any rate, they have many hours of playtime per day in the
vinyl-floored kitchen, and to keep them willing to use their boxes, I
have found it best to clean the boxes when they are napping.  When they
wake up, they seem to want clean boxes.  And then they are not fussy
till after the next nap.  Is this a usual thing?

But what REALLY puzzles me is that they very very much prefer to use the
left litter box when I have left two together for them in areas that have
been latrines from time to time -- for example, just in front of the
gates on either side of the kitchen that lead to the rest of the house.