From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 20:30:20 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

Well, it finally happened. Puma finally decided to bite her lord and
master, my hubby Dann, the ONLY person in her small circle of hoomin
acquaintances that she had never bitten previously. As my three year
old nephew Alexander says, "Puma bitses." Yes, she does.

Dann joins the elite club of FML members whom Puma has bitten. The club
currently includes Risa DiVincenzo (throat), Renee Downs (nose), and me
(nose, throat, face, arms, feet, shins,calves and both hands.) She made
a play for Bob Church, but he was waiting for it, and escaped
unscathed. Bob is *fast*.

My husband is sitting in the next room with a towel pressed to his nose
saying sadly "My ferred bid me. My ferred *never* bides me." And until
tonight, that was true. On one level his long-standing immunity was
maddening...Puma, that little savage has used me for a pin cushion on
numerous occasions. But never Dann. It's not that I beat her or shake
her or torment her to earn this treatment. Neither Risa nor Renee
treated her improperly or unkindly, either. None the less, we got fangs
for our troubles. Fangs a lot. Ha ha ha ha ha. It's a ferret joke, I
suppose. (Sigh.)

Puma ia a tiny little gray girl with a very serious expression, she
weighs maybe a pound. I outweigh her about one hundred thirty nine to
one, but she has chased me across the floor upon more occasions than I
care to remember, snapping at my feet. Sometimes she simply won't stop
snapping at me until I pick her up and nip her scruff. That offends
her, deeply. She hisses, and skulks under the furniture, glaring at
me. But the snapping stops for the evening. I know that offends some
of the FML membership, but you are all offended from a safe distance,
and have yet to sink pointy little fangs into the top of my foot. I
*hate* that.

Puma needs Prozac with Taurine, or something. Poor Dann.

Alexandra in MA