From:
D K SADOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:27:02 -0400
I just wanted to let everyone know the fight is still on.  The Zoning
Board had another meeting about us on August 10th.  Now they are saying
to be a Home Based Operation, we need to make a PROFIT!  This was NOT
part of the original criteria in 2003 when we filed for a variance with
the Zoning Board

They have also decided (AGAIN) that a ferret rescue is NOT needed or
benificial to the town.  yeh right, I wonder if they would like me to
refere all the phone calls & e-mails for surrenders I've been getting for
my area to them.  They still say they have never seen a ferret in town
except for the video we gave them in 2003 to show how our ferrets are
kept.  Like they would see any of the owners in our town walking their
ferrets on a leash like a dog.

So for right now, SORRY, we will not be taking in anymore rescues, not
even emergancies, untill this gets settled, it's been almost 3 yrs
that this has been going on.  People are still welcome to call us for
information and we will see if we can try to help rehome ferrets for
everyone.  This is breaking my heart!  I just can't believe how ignorant
some town officials are

PLEASE say a prayer that someone will get them to see the light, and how
important our rescue is to the community.

Debi and the Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue & Halfway House