From:
Alicia Gonzalez Legorreta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:21:58 -0400
This is what I sent Delta through their website -

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Name           : Mrs Alicia Gonzalez
Email Address  : [log in to unmask]

SkyMiles Number:

COMMENT DETAILS:

Email about Past/Future travel: Current and Future

Nature of Comment: Complaint Concern

Email Pertaining to: Other

Email about Other topic: Pet Travel Services

Comments:

To whomever it may concern,

I have recently been informed that your pet carry-on policy is being
modified to ban ferrets from traveling in the cabin with their owners.
This is very distressing to me since I have three ferrets that I've
been forced to travel with by plane, due to the distance between the
point of origin and final destination.  Each time we have traveled it
has been due to a life-changing reason.  I have moved across countries
and across states.  These moves have possed great stress on me and my
family.  But each time I was happy and grateful to be able to rely on
Delta to make the trip, allowing me to travel with my little companions,
who are family to me.  I would like to make a plea to you to please
revert the decision to ban ferrets from the cabin.

Ferrets are very sweet and intelligent animals, who are in no way
vicious or dangerous.  They also won't bother other passengers by making
excessive noise, since they don't bark,meow,screech, etc.  I am proud to
say that my ferrets have been model passengers, a delight to the crew.
On one of our trips, we had a concerned neighbor passenger who asked if
they made noise, smell or cause any inconvenience during flights.  I
reassured her that wouldn't be the case.  I noticed she was looking at
other possible vacant seats, "just to be safe".  Well, our neighbor
didn't move and in fact when we were leaving the aircraft she mentioned
it had been a pleasant surprise to realize her worries were just
misconceptions regarding these little creatures.

The fact that Delta accepts ferrets on the cabin has been a big
differentiator to me in order to prefer Delta above all other airlines.
The service has always been friendly and has never failed in making my
ferrets and me feel right at home.

Delta is the airline preferred by the ferret community because of its
ferrets allowed on board policy.  How do I know this?  Well, I belong
to it.  The ferret community is very tight and is always exchanging
information regarding services for our beloved pets.  Right now ferrets
are the 3rd most popular pet in the U.S., behind dogs (1st) and cats
(2nd).  That's a lot of people supporting Delta's ferret on the cabin
policy.

Finally, I would like to state that knowing that Delta allows ferrets
on the cabin gave me peace of mind.  I felt reassured that in case of
an emergency (i.e. - natural disasters such as hurricanes), or simply
just in case life had another move in store for me, I could count on
Delta to take me and my ferrets safely to our destination.

Please reconsider your decision. Please keep your ferrets allowed as
carry-on pets policy.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Alicia Gonzalez

Alicia - owned by Matilda, Mateo & Lucas